Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Concert at the Gorge

Tommy and I just got back from a 4 day road trip with some family & friends up to George, Washington. We drove the 12 hour drive (one way) in a motorhome to see the Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge Apitheatre. We see DMB at least once every year (Tom is the stalking groupie). This year it was really sad since the death of their sax player. Friday night was not their normal enthusiasm - more like a wake for LeRoi. Saturday night was more their style & we were glad we went the two nights. The Gorge is such a beautiful place with tall canyon walls along the Columbia River. The concert is in a town so small that it doesn't even have a grocery store. Everyone that attends camps out in the field around the ampitheatre. We had so much fun, but missed our kids terribly and were ready to come home. Thank you to my sister for watching our kids so we could get a break!


7 comments:

Lettie B. said...

How totally fun - road trip, friends and a concert. Oh, and a beautiful setting. Very nice. I didn't know Tommy was such a groupie. I used to be that way with 311, but now I am boring I guess. I saw DMB once and I just remember that it was super fun. Sad about their fiddler.

Megan said...

so glad that you got away! I'm jealous that you see DMB so often! Cute pictures!

Mark and Meghan said...

i've seen DMB once, and remember that they were really good. what a fun tradition...

Jamie said...

I skimmed over the abbreviation 'DMB' and thought you meant dumb. Hee. Wow! I remember when we used to do road trips without the kids!! There's less to pack and less worry about how many stops will need to be made. That's great that you guys got a little trip!

Meeker home said...

What fun, young, hip people you are! Nate and I haven't been to a concert...well, ever...I guess. I'm suddenly feeling very old. Glad you two could get away!

Kearl said...

Derek is a DMB fan too. He's seen them a couple of times. Was it weird without their sax player? Derek told me he died recently.

Lettie B. said...

Oops - I mean the sax player. All this time (until I read Jenny's comment) I pictured the fiddler in my head.