On Christmas Eve my mom, my dad & my sister and her family came over to hang out with us. While we were preparing dinner the dads took the kids sledding & they had SO much fun. The even went on a few good little jumps that added to the excitement.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Holiday Fun!
We had a busy and fun Holiday week last week. One day while Hazel was taking her morning nap Lincoln and I decided to build a snowman. I hadn't built one since I was a little kid & I did not do the best job, but it's the thought that counts, right?? I kept asking Linc what how it was looking & his response was "Not that good mom." I then remembered that last year Tom helped him build a pretty cool snowman and a snowdog. I am not near as artsy as Tommy is. We did our best though and Lincoln was pretty happy with the finished result.



Then after dinner while the kids were playing a Christmas elf knocked on the door and left jammies for all of the good little kids. Here they are hoping to see the elf after they all put there jammies on.
We were lucky enough to have my dad stay over at our house so that he could be there to watch the kids open their presents the next morning. Lincoln thought it was so cool that Grandpa had a sleepover with us. On Christmas morning Hazel loved the musical jumping/spinning zebra that Santa brought her. She jumps up and down & laughs with a huge smile on her face.
Santa brought Lincoln a pirate ship and a race car track, but his favorite toy on Christmas day was his new octopus playdoh toy. He played with it for hours that day (and the next).
Then two days after Christmas we had a turkey lunch with my mom & sister again & took the kids to a different park for some more sledding. This time Hazel & I got to tag along & Hazel LOVED it! We put her in this little tobogon sled & she laughed harder the faster you went.
We all went down the hill many times & I thought it was pretty funny when Tommy & Ty went down together.
This is our first year taking Linc sledding & we have now gone 3 times. I know he wishes he could go everyday. He never complains of being cold. No cold hands, toes, nose, etc. He could go forever. So much energy, I wish he could share some of it with me.
We had a wonderful Holiday and are kinda sad it is over. The day after Christmas Linc asked if we could make our house "our house" again. So we took down the tree & almost all of the decorations. He was sad for a minute after it was all gone, but when we moved the furniture back in place he ran back and forth screaming "our house is back to normal! our house is back to normal!". Funny kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I promise you that if my house was all put back together, that I would run screaming back and forth...it would be totally wonderful.
Looks like a great holiday! Cute pictures!
It looks like you guys had a great Holiday. I love the pictures, especially the one of all the kids looking out the window, so cute! Lincoln definately looks like he is have more fun then Owen on that sled :) Lincoln I need you to come help me and Madi put our house back to normal :)
Sounds like you guys had way too much fun! Sorry I couldn't be here to share it with you. Maybe next year. Love you!
What great pictures! We decided to stay in st. george for the holidays, since my brother is home on leave from the marines. we're not sure when we'll get to see him next. we'll be coming up sometime in january. we'll let you know when.
you guys know how to pack it in - sounds like such a great holiday! lincoln and hazel are about the cutest things in town.
Post a Comment