Saturday, December 13, 2008

Family night

Last night we all bundled up took the kids on a Trax ride downtown to look at the lights at Temple Square. Lincoln was so excited about riding a train, but I think Hazel was actually the more excited one once the train showed up. She started waving her hands in the air & screaming with excitement!

Here is Lincoln waiting in anticipation for the train. 15 minutes can seem like FOREVER to a 3 year old...

Lincoln was so excited once we were by all the lights he wouldn't ride in the stroller. He had to walk around & look at everything & try to play with every kid he saw. He is always trying to make new friends. Hazel on the other hand was very chill. She just sat in the stroller & didn't make a sound. I don't know if she was more fascinated by the lights or all of the people.

We topped the night off by having some free hot cocoa at Deseret Book & then riding the train back home. I am so glad we were able to do this before the snow began. I love family nights.

3 comments:

Megan said...

so fun! I do miss the lights at Temple Square. It just doesn't compare down here! ANd riding trax would be a big deal to our kids, too!

shaunita said...

What a fun family night! Eliana misses riding on the trax, even though we only did it a few times.

The Bunnell's said...

What a fun night! Way to go "Big Boy Zitting" on walking the whole way, you are so cute! I love the picture of Hazel and Tom, she has such beautiful eyes and is a cheeser!