Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Picture

We are having a big party for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and we have been asked to bring a family picture for our present. Well, we haven't really had a family picture taken since Lincoln was 1 year old. Most of our pictures we take are just of our kids & once in awhile Tom or I will be in one. Well, yesterday when Tom got home from work the kids & I were hanging out in the backyard since the weather had cooled down & we had been taking silly pictures. Since we were all together & the kids were in good moods we took a few pics of ourselves. They did not turn out fabulous, but I think the one below is going to work for our present. The best part (or I guess it could be the worst part depending on your opinion) of this spur-of-the-moment family pic is that I didn't have to stress over coordinating outfits, make-up, etc. It is just us in our everyday look (although it probably would have turned out better if 3 of us weren't wearing white) Oh well - it's done!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice picture!! Especially off the cuff like that! Your backyard looks so nice too! Have I used too many exclamation points??!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love it!!

shaunita said...

Love the picture. I'm glad you posted this, because I had forgotten about that assignment. Oops! Better get on that.

Megan said...

I think it's adorable! I love that it's not staged, and it just turned out cute! It was fun seeing you this weekend!

charise said...

That is a great family photo! I love Hazel's face. She is so pretty!